The European Walled Towns (EWT) is the international association for sustainable development of walled towns, walled cities and fortified historic towns in Europe. EWT was founded in 1989 as an International Forum to promote the many mutual interests shared by walled towns throughout the world. Originating in Europe, the EWT does not preclude Membership from outside Europe.
EWT aims to promote the many mutual interests shared by walled towns; EWT wishes to maintain and strengthen the historic walled towns for future generations by applying for European funding and partaking in European projects.
- Exchange knowledge and experience in many fields.
- Promote the interest of our members.
- Support walled towns and their history in present day functioning.
- Acquire European and other funds.
- Set up projects together to stimulate exchange.
- Enlarge the network of the members
- Convene regular symposia in member towns.
More information: http://walledtowns.com/